Minis, classic cars, mods and rockers and soapbox derby feature in West Norfolk’s busy 2018 callender of events
- Credit: Archant
A Hanse festival, a mods and rockers meet and a soap box derby are among the highlights of a busy year of events in West Norfolk.
And 2018's callender of council-run attractions also includes a Love West Norfolk Day on February 14.
Elizabeth Nockolds, West Norfolk council's deputy leader and cabinet member for culture, said: 'We've announced our programme of events for 2018 earlier than ever because we know everyone wants to get these dates in their diaries.
'Our established summer events all return, and two events that were successful additions last year are back: Mini Meet and the Hunstanton Soap Box Derby.
'I'm pleased that we're making the announcement this close to Love West Norfolk Day on 14 February, because the free events the borough council puts on every year are something lots of people tell us they love about west Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
The events announced are:
May 12 and 13 – Spring Plant and Craft Fair
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Stalls, crafts and demonstrations perfect for all horticulturists
May 20 – Hanse Festival
A celebration of Lynn's medieval trading and seafaring past
July 22 – Forties Lynn
Activities all across the town centre explore life on the Home Front
August 5 - Mods and Rockers
Scooter and motorbike enthusiasts gather for a look back at these 60s subcultures
August 11 and 12 – Folk in the Town
Two days of free live folk, country and Americana performed by local bands
August 18 and 19 – Hanseatic Ski Race
Power boats race at 100mph along the Ouse, in a high-octane spectacle August 26 – Fairytales and legends
This family favourite turns Lynn into a storybook wonderland
September 2– Mini Meet
The Tuesday Market Place fills with vintage and modern examples of this iconic car
September 16 – Classic Car Day
This very popular event returns, as part of Heritage Open Day
September 23 – Hunstanton Soapbox Derby
Home made karts race along the streets of Hunstanton
November 2 – Fawkes in The Walks
Lynn's famous firework display