What would you like to see replace Clas Ohlson in Norwich?
- Credit: Steve Adams
The Norwich branch of Clas Ohlson in intu Chapelfield is set to close in weeks after the Swedish hardware retailer decided it wanted to focus on smaller London stores. It will leave behind a large empty unit in the centre but what would you like to see replace it?
Suggestions of what Norwich shoppers may want to see in the unit have been coming in all day via the EDP's Twitter account. They range from fashion retailers such as Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters to eateries including burger chain Five Guys.
Other popular ideas included a new craft store such as Axeminster.
A spokesperson for intu Chapelfield said there is no update on what store may move into the unit but Paul McCarthy, general manager of intu Chapelfield said when the closure was announced that they were in talk with new brands.
'No firm plans are set for the unit's future at this point, but we are constantly in talks with fresh, exciting brands who want to come to Norwich, and enhance an already fantastic experience for our shoppers,' he said.
The shopping centre confirmed on Monday that Italian coffee chain Caffe Nero would be opening a new store at their St Stephens Street entrance in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
• Let us know what you would like to see replace Clas Ohlson by commenting below.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county