What would you like to see on Norwich’s next mural? - BID to unveil new artwork for city
- Credit: Archant
This is the new eye-catching art installation which will be officially unveiled on the streets of Norwich this week.
The work, designed by local artist Derek Jackson, has been painted on the wall at the Virgin Money Lounge on Castle Street.
It will be the fourth mural to be created through the City of Stories campaign, which is run by the Norwich Business Improvement District (BID).
And later this month, BID will be launching an international call for submissions from artists for more murals in the city centre.
Stefan Gurney, executive director, said: 'We are excited to be unveiling the latest city of stories mural and are proud to be working with Virgin Money to showcase this stunning piece of work by Derek. We now look forward to launching our next call for submissions and bringing more art to blank canvases within Norwich city centre'.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Tansley, Virgin Money Norwich Lounge manager said: 'I am sure that they will catch the eye of many passers-by and I look forward to seeing Derek's creation unveiled.'
What would you like to see on the next mural? Email email@example.com
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park