What the huge solar farm at RAF Coltishall looks like from the air
- Credit: Mike Page
The final piece of the jigsaw has been slotted into place at the solar farm at the former RAF base at Coltishall which has now been switched on.
Almost 200,000 solar panels have been installed next to the runways at what is now known as Scottow Enterprise Park - making it one of the biggest solar farms in Britain.
It was constructed on local authority-owned land by developers Scottow Moor Solar Limited and will help power the equivalent of up to 15,000 homes.
The near-50MW solar farm, which is hooked up to the hangars on the enterprise park, is also expected to generate more than £10m for Norfolk County Council over the next 25 years.
Photographer Mike Page captured the first images of the completed solar farm from the air.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Taylor, spokesman for Scottow Moor Solar Limited, said: "We have managed to build the solar farm on time and we are very pleased that it is now connected with the main buildings on the enterprise park, which means that the tenants in the enterprise park can draw their power from the Scottow solar farm - which is good news for the enterprise park and ourselves.
"It has been a great team effort from everyone involved, the enterprise park and our contractors."
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries