What’s your favourite joke? Funniest gags from Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2017 revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The funniest jokes from the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe Festival have been revealed.
A joke about the new pound coin has been named the 10th annual Dave's Funniest Joke Of The Fringe with the line: 'I'm not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again I hate all change.'
Told by Ken Cheng, the joke won 33pc of a public vote on a shortlist of gags picked by critics.
Previous winners include Tim Vine, Stewart Francis and Zoe Lyons.
The award, which was voted on by 2,000 people, lists jokes anonymously to avoid any bias towards well-known comedians.
On winning Cheng said: 'I am very proud to have won. As a tribute, I will name my firstborn son after this award and call him 'Joke of the Fringe'.'
Here's a look at the top 10 funniest jokes from this year's Fringe Festival:
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
1. 'I'm not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change.' Ken Cheng
2. 'Trump's nothing like Hitler. There's no way he could write a book.' Frankie Boyle
3. 'I've given up asking rhetorical questions. What's the point?' Alexei Sayle
4. 'I'm looking for the girl next door type. I'm just gonna keep moving house till I find her.' Lew Fitz
5. 'I like to imagine the guy who invented the umbrella was going to call it the 'brella'. But he hesitated.' Andy Field
6. 'Combine Harvesters. And you'll have a really big restaurant.' Mark Simmons
7. 'I'm rubbish with names. It's not my fault, it's a condition. There's a name for it...' Jimeoin
8. 'I have two boys, 5 and 6. We're no good at naming things in our house.' Ed Byrne
9. 'I wasn't particularly close to my dad before he died... which was lucky, because he trod on a land mine.' Olaf Falafel
10. 'Whenever someone says, 'I don't believe in coincidences.' I say, 'Oh my God, me neither!'' Alasdair Beckett-King
• What's your favourite joke? Let us know in the comments below?