What’s in the Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford in 2017?
- Credit: Archant
Dad's Army is nearly half a century old - but the popularity of the programme is still attracting scores of visitors to the show's museum in Thetford every year.
'Despite it being nearly 50 years since the show started, there's always something new coming to light,' said Stuart Wright, chairman of the museum, which this year unveils some never-seen-before running schedules.
In 2017 there is a display in memory of Victoria Wood, as she made a film about the history of the show in 2000, as well as many old photos from filming which took place in the Thetford area.
However Mr Wright said: 'We'd like to get more volunteers.
'The most common complaint is that we're not open more often.
You may also want to watch:
'People are quite happy when they do come here and find out volunteers friendly and knowledgeable.
'We have a critical mass we can attract here but we don't have enough volunteers to cater for that demand.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting