What’s that smell in Southwold?
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A water company says it is doing all it can to minimise a nasty pong that has been plaguing Southwold.
Southwold Town Council had raised concerns with Anglian Water over noxious odours emanating from the water recycling centre on Blyth Road.
Complaints have now become such a regular occurrence that the company has set up a dedicated email address specifically for residents to voice their concerns.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: 'Our Southwold water recycling centre receives tens of thousands of litres of sewage every day and has a vital role to service in the community, so keeping odours to a minimum is something we take seriously.
'But the nature of the site and the job it's there to do means there will inevitably be some smells from time to time.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to be the best neighbours we can and if customers notice an odour they can contact us through a dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or they can contact us by phoning 03457 145 145.
'If customers are able to provide a date, time and location we will be able to investigate further.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
'These reports will help us identify any maintenance and improvements to our site.'