WH Smith looking to open at former betting shop in Dereham
- Credit: PA
WH Smith has plans to open a shop in Dereham.
The company has submitted an application to Breckland Council for planning permission to transform the former betting shop on 36 High Street into a retail premises.
It states in its application that this would create four full-time jobs.
The building, next to The Edinburgh Woollen Mill, has been empty for some time.
WH Smith is the world's oldest national retail chain and is celebrating its 225th anniversary this year.
It has previously announced plans to invest £49m its high street division this year.
What do you think of the plans?
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
E mail adam.lazzari@archant and add your comments below.