Weybread murder: Images released of suspect Ali Qazimaj’s car
- Credit: Archant
Images of the car used by Ali Qazimaj, the man police want to trace in connection with the murder of Weybread grandfather Peter Stuart and the disappearance of his wife Sylvia, were released by police on Thursday morning.
Suffolk Police are currently liaising with international law enforcement agencies to try and trace Qazimaj, who is also known to use the alias Marco Costa and had a link to the Stuarts, after it is believed he left the country.
The 42-year-old's vehicle, a Citroen C3 with the registration KR06 GHU, was found in Athol Terrace in Dover around midnight on Sunday, June 5.
Police have received information which places Qazimaj at the Port of Dover Ferry Terminal at around 6.30pm on Saturday, June 4. It is believed that he then boarded a passenger ferry, unaccompanied and as a foot passenger, to Calais, France soon after 7pm.
It is believed Qazimaj, who lived in Tilbury, Essex, came to the UK following the conflict in Yugoslavia and further work is being done to find out more about his background and his movements between the last sightings of the Stuarts, at Pulham Market on Sunday, May 29, and him leaving the country.
Mr and Mrs Stuart, who lived in Mill Lane in Weybread, near Harleston, were reported missing on Friday, June 3.
Mr Stuart's body was discovered in woodland near the house later that evening. A postmortem examination confirmed he had died from multiple stab wounds.
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 5 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 8 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village
- 9 Warning after beach-goers hit with parking fines
- 10 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
Police are continuing to appeal for further information to help them understand more about Qazimaj as they continue to search for Mrs Stuart.
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Parkes said: 'We are gradually building a picture as we continue to make enquiries to trace Ali Qazimaj. New information is coming in all the time and this continues to be a fast-moving enquiry.
'Our enquiries continue to learn more about his roots and his links within the UK and overseas. We still need anyone who knows him, who may have spent time with him over the last few weeks or before this to get in touch and tell us more about his background so that we can trace his movements.'
Qazimaj is described as white, around 5ft 6ins tall, with brown eyes and dark brown greying hair.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen his vehicle in Suffolk or Essex to come forward.
And if you see Qazimaj, do not approach him but call 999 immediately. Anyone with information can contact Suffolk Police through the incident room on 01473 782000.
A 61-year-old man from Leicester, arrested on Sunday, June 5 in connection with the murder of Mr Stuart, has been bailed to return to police on Wednesday, August 3.