Warning of delays as gas works are carried out
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that they could face delays as gas works are carried out on a busy road.
The work is set to take place on Westwood Avenue in Lowestoft and is scheduled to last for more than a week.
With Cadent carrying out the work between Wednesday, August 28 and Monday, September 9, multi-way traffic control signals will be in operation.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is carried out.
It states: "Cadent are carrying out essential gas maintenance in the road to replace old iron gas mains with more durable plastic pipes.
You may also want to watch:
"This is to ensure we continue to provide safe and reliable gas supplies to local businesses and residents."
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk