West Suffolk MP Matt Hancock marks Holocaust Memorial Day
- Credit: UK Parliament.
An MP marked Holocaust Memorial Day by signing a commemorative book.
West Suffolk MP Matt Hancock signed the Holocaust Educational Trust's Book of Commitment as Friday, January 27 marked the the anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration and death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau.
Mr Hancock said: 'Holocaust Memorial Day is an important opportunity for people from West Suffolk and across the country to reflect on the tragic events of the Holocaust.
'As the Holocaust moves from living history to just history, it becomes ever more important that we take the time to remember the victims and also pay tribute to the survivors.
'I would encourage my constituents to show their support for such an important day.'
You may also want to watch:
Karen Pollock MBE, chief executive of the Holocaust Educational Trust, said: 'Our mission is to educate young people from every background about the Holocaust and its contemporary relevance.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction