West Suffolk College named as finalist for apprenticeship awards ceremony
- Credit: West Suffolk College.
West Suffolk College has been named as a finalist in a national awards recognising apprenticeships.
The college, which currently has more than 1,4000 apprentices, is a finalist in the colleges category at the Apprenticeships4England awards.
The category had to be split into two, because it received so many entries. The college is one of the four finalists in the colleges with under 1,500 apprentices.
Dr Nikos Savvas, college prinicpal, said: 'We are very pleased to be a finalist in this year's awards, particularly when more colleges have entered than in previous years. We work very closely with employers to provide them with the very best skills and training they need to boost the region's economy.
'Apprenticeships are becoming more popular as people realise they can learn and earn while they work and develop their skills.'
You may also want to watch:
The awards ceremony will take place on March 7 at The Grange Tower Hotel, London.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st