West Runton Scouts celebrate as their £133,000 extension nears completion
- Credit: Archant
After eight years of fundraising, West Runton Scout Group is set to put the finishing touches on a £133,000 extension.
And to celebrate, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts and their families were treated to games and refreshments at an open evening and awards presentation held at the group's Cromer Road headquarters.
The new 12-toilet and shower block, which is due to open at the end of June, will replace the existing toilet facilities, freeing up space in the main hut.
'It will completely enhance the headquarters for our members,' said Group Scout Leader Helen Cardani. 'And because we will have more space, we will be able to accept bigger groups from all over the area for camping, and offer opportunities for people with disabilities.'
Mrs Cardani added that group members would continue to hold fundraising events for 'extras', including camping and archery equipment.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 4 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 5 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 6 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 10 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough