West Runton Scouts celebrate as their £133,000 extension nears completion
- Credit: Archant
After eight years of fundraising, West Runton Scout Group is set to put the finishing touches on a £133,000 extension.
And to celebrate, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts and their families were treated to games and refreshments at an open evening and awards presentation held at the group's Cromer Road headquarters.
The new 12-toilet and shower block, which is due to open at the end of June, will replace the existing toilet facilities, freeing up space in the main hut.
'It will completely enhance the headquarters for our members,' said Group Scout Leader Helen Cardani. 'And because we will have more space, we will be able to accept bigger groups from all over the area for camping, and offer opportunities for people with disabilities.'
Mrs Cardani added that group members would continue to hold fundraising events for 'extras', including camping and archery equipment.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab