West Raynham ex-RAF base hosts Gold Duke of Edinburgh residential
- Credit: Archant
An airsoft centre in West Raynham has become the first location in the UK to host Duke of Edinburgh award residentials.
Scorpion Airsoft, which is based at the old hospital building in West Raynham business park, has held its first award residential, which proved a real success.
Youngsters from around the UK travelled to Norfolk to take part in the five day, four night course.
Scorpion Airsoft are the UK's first airsoft business to be registered as an approved activity provider for the scheme.
During the activity week, participants were taught specific military skills enabling them to complete challenging scenario-based activities.
You may also want to watch:
The week was a success for the centre, which is staffed by ex military, serving Norfolk and London firefighters, with every participant qualifying.
There are three further residentials planned in 2017, in addition to a kids summer camps for 11 to 16 year olds.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash