West Norfolk schoolboy will be 11 on 11/11/11
Stoke Ferry pupil Ethan has significant birthday date
The date of November 11 is one that the majority of people will never forget - but for one West Norfolk birthday boy this year the day will be extra special.
Ethan Lyons will turn 11 on the 11th day of the 11th month in 2011 - and he has spent weeks reminding friends and family of the significance of his birthday date.
A pupil at Stoke Ferry's James Bradfield School, Ethan will be enjoying a weekend of events and parties to mark the occasion.
His mum, Dee, said her son had been excited for weeks in the run-up to his birthday and was aware of the significance of the Armistice.
Ethan was born at 11 minutes past eight in the evening and weighed-in at 10lbs - so it's not entirely 'ones' all the way.
Neither of his sisters, Sydney, 8, and Trinity, 6, have any unusual claims to fame about their own birthdays, but their mum shares hers, January 4, with her brother Christian - although two years separate them.
- 1 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 6 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
Ethan, who lives in Wretton, near Stoke Ferry, will celebrate with a party.
'We will be having family come over as well and will make a whole weekend of it for him,' said Mrs Lyons.