Go-karts to race through Norfolk town
- Credit: West Norfolk Council
Homemade go-karts will race through the hilly streets of a coastal town.
Last year's Hunstanton Soap Box Derby saw 38 competitors create karts in many wacky shapes including the Robin Reliant from Only Fools and Horses, a kitchen sink and a lemon
This year's event will take place on Sunday September 22.
The event has been running in the town since 1953 and features four age categories, 10-12 years, 13-15 years, adults and veteran (over 65s).
Last year saw the RNLI win the adults category, Team Richardson Racing 2 win the veteran and Imperial Leathered win the Concours d'elegance award for best looking kart.
You may also want to watch:
Racing will begin at 11:30am, with competitors urged to arrive before 10am. There will also be a gin tent on Hunstanton Green for spectators.
Entries for new racers have now closed with 49 competitors set to rattle through the streets.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old