Don’t miss out on your Wes Hoolahan face mask for his Norwich City farewell
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
It is a defender's worst nightmare - thousands of Wes Hoolahans to twist their blood and haunt their steps.
That's the prospect for Leeds United tomorrow, as Norwich City fans celebrate the little magician's 10 years at Carrow Road.
For everywhere they look, they will see the face of Wes staring back at them.
We have produced 5,000 Wes Hoolahan face masks for fans to don during Saturday's match, which is set to be an emotional leaving party for a legend, whose contract will not be renewed.
Hoolahan will turn out for the Canaries for the final time tomorrow, having made 351 appearances, scoring 53 goals, since 2008.
You may also want to watch:
In a bid to stoke up the atmosphere, we have added Wes masks to the £1 EDP/Evening News goody bags that are sold before home matches.
The goody bags will be available at four locations, where our promotions teams will be from 12 noon:
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 5 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 6 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 9 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
• Rouen Road (next to the burger van)
• Clarence Road
• The Friendship Bridge, Riverside
• Outside the railway station.
For £1, you will get Saturday's EDP and Norwich Evening News, a Pink Un beer mat, water, crisps, chocolate - and the Wes Hoolahan mask.
Every goody bag bought on the day will have a free mask along with the usual value for money that fans have come to expect.
It is expected that there will be a few spare masks that will be given out on a first come, first served basis; after that they will only be available in the £1 goody bag whilst stocks last.
Darron McLoughlin, EDP and Evening News circulation director, said: 'It's not often that a true legend who has served the club so well over many years leaves.
'To mark the occasion, and to celebrate Wes's fantastic career with the Canaries, we wanted to play our part in making the day fun for both him and the fans.
'We hope fans will wear their masks with pride and that Wes will enjoy watching himself looking back from the stands.'