Sea cadets group calls for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A sea cadets group has appealed for someone who can maintain boats to volunteer for a couple of hours a week so more young people can have the opportunity of learning to sail.
The Wells Sea Cadets need someone who can help them maintain their fleet of boats and equipment. The group is also looking for new instructor officers who are able to train cadets aged from 10 to 18.
Bishop Dr John Mills, a royal veteran and trustee of the Wells Sea Cadets, said helping to train the next generation of seafarers was a rewarding task.
He said: "We are unable to expand and offer places to more young people in this youth organisation unless we have more adult instructors."
The sea cadets are based at Alderman Peel High School in Wells, and their training sessions take place on Saturdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 07858 440182 or email email@example.com
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations