Wells or Waxham..? Snettisham or Sheringham..? How well do you know Norfolk’s beaches?
- Credit: James Bass
They say we've got some of the best beaches in Britain. But how well do you know them?
As our big sky sandy shores get set for another summer do you know your way around them.
Do you know your Wells from your Waxham - or your Snettisham from your Sheringham? As the weather warms, thousands head for their favourite coastal spot.
But remember to stay safe if you plan on exploring somewhere new.
Every year, Norfolk's lifeboat crews and coastguards are called out to rescue people who get cut off by the tides.
You may also want to watch:
Tide times are widely published online and are very simple to understand and check.
It's very easy to get cut off on some of our beaches, where the incoming tide floods into gullies cutting off areas of foreshore.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
While the sea might look a long way out, gently-sloping sandy beaches are rapidly covered as the tide comes in.