Wells or Waxham..? Snettisham or Sheringham..? How well do you know Norfolk’s beaches?
- Credit: James Bass
They say we've got some of the best beaches in Britain. But how well do you know them?
As our big sky sandy shores get set for another summer do you know your way around them.
Do you know your Wells from your Waxham - or your Snettisham from your Sheringham? As the weather warms, thousands head for their favourite coastal spot.
But remember to stay safe if you plan on exploring somewhere new.
Every year, Norfolk's lifeboat crews and coastguards are called out to rescue people who get cut off by the tides.
You may also want to watch:
Tide times are widely published online and are very simple to understand and check.
It's very easy to get cut off on some of our beaches, where the incoming tide floods into gullies cutting off areas of foreshore.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
While the sea might look a long way out, gently-sloping sandy beaches are rapidly covered as the tide comes in.