Wells Carnival week gets off to a splashing start!
- Credit: Archant
In Kenneth Grahame's The Wind in the Willows Ratty enthuses over his love of the water, with the famous line, 'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.'
It's a belief shared by those who took part in the Wells Carnival raft race on Saturday.
It was one of the highlights of the carnival's opening weekend, which has also featured an Elvis night, a Bruno Mars tribute act and a fete.
Wells hosts one of the most popular traditional town carnivals in East Anglia.
It has been running for more than 100 years. There will be activities throughout the town over the next few days in the lead up to the main highlight, carnival day, on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Wells Carnival Committee chairman Patrick Weston said: 'We've had a fantastic start and we're hoping that will continue throughout the week up to carnival day.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown