Well-respected authors line-up for literary festival
- Credit: Archant
Book lovers will soon have an extra special reason to head to a popular library.
For the Friends of Lowestoft Library will be holding their latest literary festival in October – with authors, a broadcaster and an award-winning poet giving talks about their work and taking part in book-signing sessions.
The country's most easterly literary festival returns on Saturday, October 7 – with another exciting line-up planned.
The popular annual event will be run for the fifth successive year at Lowestoft Library, with the authors set to give presentations of their work for the enjoyment of visitors.
The programme includes biologist and primatologist Ben Garrod, who has recently appeared on television presenting the documentary 'The Day the Dinosaurs Dies', plus household favourite presenter, author and journalist Libby Purves. The programme also includes poet and translator George Szirtes and historical author Simon Scarrow.
You may also want to watch:
The festival, which is being organised once more by the Friends of Lowestoft Library and library staff, is held at the central library in Clapham Road South, with the library running as normal all day.
The guest speakers are as follows:
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
Ben Garrod – 2.30pm-3.30pm
George Szirtes – 4pm-5pm
Simon Scarrow – 5.30pm-6pm
Libby Purves – 7pm-8pm.
Beverley Cadby, of the Friends of Lowestoft Library, said: 'The Friends committee are delighted and very excited to announce a list of well-respected authors to please all tastes and ages.
'We are fortunate to be able to present this strong line up and would encourage anyone interested to book their tickets as soon as possible as space will be limited.'
Tickets are available now from Lowestoft Library's reception desk and cost just £3 per author talk, or £10 to hear from all four authors. For more information, you can also contact the library on 01502 674660.
The Friends of Lowestoft Library is also appealing to any businesses who may wish to sponsor or support this popular event with funding or donations of raffle prizes.
Anyone offering their support will be recognised in the event programme and acknowledged at the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.