Weeting death crash airman is named by RAF Lakenheath
- Credit: Archant
The US airman who died after the car he was driving left the road and hit a tree at Weeting, near Brandon, on Thursday has been named as Senior Airman Juan Gutierrez
The 21-year-old assistant dedicated crew chief was assigned to the 748th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron and he had arrived at RAF Lakenheath in November 2015.
Col Evan Pettus, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: 'Our hearts are heavy with the loss of Senior Airman Gutierrez.
'Everyone here is thinking of his friends and family during this devastating time. He will be sorely missed by the RAF Lakenheath community and all who knew him.'
Senior Airman Gutierrez was killed on Thursday morning when the BMW 323 convertible he was driving towards Weeting, near Brandon, left the B1106 and hit a tree.
You may also want to watch:
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors