Weekend of family fun coming to Norfolk Showground
A series of world class attractions are coming to Norfolk this weekend as part of this year's East Anglian Game and Country Fair.
The annual two-day, family event, which takes place tomorrow<sat/16>and Sunday<17>at the Norfolk Showground in Costessey, will mean plenty of fun for all the family with more than 250 shopping stands and a scores of attractions set to appear.
Some of the world-class draws on offer during the weekend will include six times FITASC Sporting World Champion, European Champion and English Open Champion John Bidwell, who will be performing his off the hip shooting demonstration.
There will be an appearance by Savage Skills, the UK's leading freestyle mountain bike stunt team, who will be wowing the crowds with their interactive and jaw dropping Ultimate Air Show display.
Other attractions at the event, which is being run in association with the EDP, include world-famous horse behaviourist Richard Maxwell, Dock Dogs - canines of all shapes and sizes leaping into a large pool of water - sheep dog and duck displays, the dog and ferret arena, Hustanton Watersports with their powerkites and scores of other demonstrations, displays, rides and even flights to be enjoyed.
Andy Grand, event organiser, said: 'We class it as the perfect day for families with world class events and attractions from across the globe coming to the showground for the weekend. It gives people the opportunity to see, under one roof, events and demonstrations that take place right across the world.'
Norfolk Poultry Club will be attending the show for the first time with their exhibition of purebred poultry, waterfowl & eggs which will include large fowl and bantams, male and female including Brahmas, Silkies, Wyandottes, Belgian bantams and various Rare Breeds.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 5 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 6 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 7 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 8 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
The Mid Norfolk Gun Dog Club will also be at the event and will be running the Gun Dog Scurry competitions and 'have a go' over the weekend. Visitors will be able to enter their pets in the dog agility and jumping competitions or even the popular Terrier and Lurcher Show which take place on Sunday at 11am, which will be a qualifier for all major championships as well as the East Anglian Championship.
The East Anglian Game and Country Fair takes place between 8am and 6pm both days.
Tickets are available on the gate and priced at �12 (adults), �5 (children, 5-16) �34 (family, two adults and three children) free (under fives). Parking is free.
For more details call 01263 735828 or log onto www.ukgamefair.co.uk/