Weekday flights between Norwich and Jersey recommence for first time in five years
- Credit: Archant � 2008
The first summer air service between Norwich and Jersey has taken to the skies this week.
Regional carrier Loganair recommenced weekday flights between the two locations for the first time in five years on Monday.
The air-link from Norwich to the Channel Islands will operate four days per week on a twice daily schedule.
Passengers will travel on a 31-seat Dornier 328 aircraft and the 75-minute flight will be active until October 8 on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Services depart from Norwich at 2pm on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays, and 10.50am on Wednesdays.
You may also want to watch:
Return flights from Jersey leave at 3.45pm on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays, and 12.35pm on Wednesdays.
Flybe also provides a Saturday service for the route.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
Fares start at £49.99 one-way, including all airline taxes and charges, while also including a free checked baggage allowance.
Kay Ryan, Loganair's commercial director, said: 'Norwich to Jersey is a popular route for summer travellers eager to holiday on the sun-soaked island without even having to visit a bureau de change.
'Our air service connects the two regions in just over an hour with regular flights throughout the week, offering weekday travel for the first time five years.'
Jersey will become Loganair's third route from Norwich, joining Edinburgh and Manchester in its network.
Richard Pace, managing director of Norwich Airport, said: 'We're delighted to be welcoming Loganair's additional weekday services from Norwich to Jersey and they will greatly enhance the opportunities for local holidaymakers to enjoy a short break- or even longer- on this beautiful island.'