Website offers careers help for Waveney jobseekers
A new website that aims to help 14-18-year-olds in Waveney to get their careers off to the best possible start was officially launched in Lowestoft today.
Backed by Enterprise Lowestoft, Suffolk County Council, Waveney District Council and the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership, the U-Explore Waveney site contains information on the requirements for entering employment or moving on to further training and involves 13 schools and colleges from across the district.
It has been developed by U-Explore Ltd which operates similar web platforms in thousands of schools across the country, including 16 in Norfolk.
Colin Law, leader of Waveney District Council, said: 'At a time when the economy is under many pressures and the job market is more competitive then ever before, it is so crucial that young people have the opportunities to get the best possible start.
'Being well informed is the key and that is why this new resource is so important, with easily accessible information about training and careers.'
You may also want to watch:
Hazel Johnson, chairman of Enterprise Lowestoft, said the website would help motivate young jobseekers and raise aspirations.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success