Weather warning issued for thunderstorms in Norfolk and Waveney
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A weather warning for heavy rain and thunderstorms has been issued for Norfolk and Waveney.
The areas are included in the Met Office's yellow weather warning which says some places may get up to 20mm of rain in an hour.
The warning is in place until 6pm on Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Meteorologists warn that heavy rain and thunderstorms will move quickly east, creating a period where 15 to 20mm of rain could fall.
Lightning, hail and strong winds may accompany the rain, with a risk that some places could see gusts of up to 50mph.
Drivers could experience spray and sudden flooding which may lead to difficult driving conditions, and potential road closures.
Forecasters also warn that there is a slight chance of power cuts, damage to trees and buildings, and there may be disruption to train and bus services.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 6 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 7 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 8 Man found dead in sea off Great Yarmouth had made distress call
- 9 Police return to scene of fatal crash as murder probe continues
- 10 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
Areas covered by the weather warning include Norwich, Stalham, Wymondham, Attleborough, Great Yarmouth, Acle, Lowestoft, Beccles, Bungay, and Diss.