Weather warning issued for Norfolk
- Credit: Archant Library
Motorists are being warned to take care on Norfolk's roads as forecasters issue an weather warning for icy conditions.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather for ice across Norfolk from 4pm on this afternoon until 11am tomorrow morning (Wednesday, January 23).
In Norwich, temperatures are predicted to drop below freezing overnight while in rural areas temperatures could fall even lower.
On Twitter, Norfolk County Council tweeted the county's gritters had a busy night ahead of them.
The council said: 'There won't be much rest for our gritters tonight as they're already out gritting in all areas of the county and then on standby for a second run at midnight.
You may also want to watch:
'Ice is expected to form in places overnight so once again, take extra care on the roads & wrap up warm.'
While Norfolk Police also warned people heading out on the regions roads to drive carefully.
- 1 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 4 Confirmed: Three households can form Christmas bubble to spend festive period together
- 5 Canaries legend Justin Fashanu could have street named after him
- 6 Cromer teenager supports local charities
- 7 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 8 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 9 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 10 Almost 200 Norfolk schools, colleges and nurseries hit by Covid cases