UFO spotted above North Walsham
- Credit: RICHARD BARTON
'It went up and then arced round and then looked like it exploded' - eyewitness.
An unidentified flying object has been spotted in the sky above North Walsham.
Fifty-six-year-old Richard Barton, a plasterer to trade, was stopped in his tracks by the sighting as he was driving along the town's bypass today (Friday) around 11.30am.
But, as he took his camera out to take a photograph, it disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Mr Barton, who was driving a friend at the time, said: 'It was very strange, I've not got a clue what it could be. It was definitely not a cloud because, after about five minutes, it dispersed.
You may also want to watch:
'I was driving up the bypass and I just noticed it and we
thought it looked like a vapour trail. I thought someone had set off a firework, but you wouldn't get that from a firework.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 8 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
'It went up and then arced round and then looked like it exploded.'
The famous Red Arrows, known for their visual displays, have been stationed at Norwich Airport during the Clacton Airshow which finished today.
But it is not clear whether they were involved.
Mr Barton said: 'It was in the Norwich Airport direction so it could be something to do with that. But I've never seen anything like this before.'
What do you think it is, did you spot it? Email: email@example.com