New pictures show precarious situation of Hemsby homes
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Several homes at Hemsby are on the brink of collapsing over a cliff edge - as these pictures reveal.
A number of structures have already collapsed over the edge including a shed, tank and wooden fence.
The coastline in the village was battered by fierce waves and high winds on Saturday causing widespread erosion.
Residents living in properties on the sea side of The Marrams in Hemsby were evacuated and are staying in alternative homes or hotels.
The pictures show the significant damage caused to the coast and in some cases homes are literally on the edge of the cliff.
You may also want to watch:
At one house the erosion has already started to undercut the property.
Police cordons are in place along the seafront and members of the public have been warned to stay away from the area.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
The next high tide is due at around 9pm this evening.