Norfolk set for seven days of freezing temperatures as ‘Beast from the east’ hits
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A week of 'bitterly cold' weather has been forecast for East Anglia.
Temperatures are set to plummet over the weekend and remain chilly throughout next week as cold air from the continent, which is being described as 'the best from the east' hits the UK.
Forecasters believe that temperatures will be below freezing during the day, with a potential peak of 3C at the coast.
Night time temperatures could drop as low as -4C.
Experts from Norwich-based Weatherquest said: 'The cold weather will begin on Sunday and continue until the next weekend, when things should start to get milder again.
You may also want to watch:
'From Wednesday onwards there will also be an increased risk of snow across the county.'
Some of the snow showers are expected to be heavy.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Phil Garner of Weatherquest added: 'People need to wrap up warm and check forecasts. If you are travelling next week, keep up-to-date with the weather.'