Busy road into city closed after crash leaves three people in need of hospital treatment
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been taken to hospital this morning following a crash which closed a road into the city for more than an hour.
At 5.20am police were called to a crash on Mile Cross Road, in Mile Cross, between a Ford and a Toyota Aygo, which has left three people in need of hospital treatment.
Firefighters also attended the scene, with crews Earlham and Sprowston required to free people from the vehicles.
Police currently remain on scene and have closed the road between its junctions with Aylsham Road and Drayton Road.
The extent of their injuries are yet to be confirmed, but all three people involved were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A bollard was also damaged in the crash and the road has since re-opened.
- 1 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 2 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 6 Endangered red kite shot dead and hung from tree
- 7 Man who plagued neighbourhood with loud music has speakers seized
- 8 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 9 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 10 Teacher's safety calls after e-scooter hit and run