Busy road into city closed after crash leaves three people in need of hospital treatment
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been taken to hospital this morning following a crash which closed a road into the city for more than an hour.
At 5.20am police were called to a crash on Mile Cross Road, in Mile Cross, between a Ford and a Toyota Aygo, which has left three people in need of hospital treatment.
Firefighters also attended the scene, with crews Earlham and Sprowston required to free people from the vehicles.
Police currently remain on scene and have closed the road between its junctions with Aylsham Road and Drayton Road.
The extent of their injuries are yet to be confirmed, but all three people involved were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A bollard was also damaged in the crash and the road has since re-opened.
- 1 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 5 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 6 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 7 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop