Weather warning for high winds across region
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire on Saturday, with high winds forecast.
Gusts approaching 50mph are being forecast, with winds peaking around lunchtime.
The Met Office yellow warning says: "A spell of strong winds may cause disruption on Saturday across parts of England and Wales, especially the southwest.
"There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris, more likely across southwest England.
"There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, more likely across southwest England."
You may also want to watch:
South-westerly winds are expected to cause rough seas and flying spray along the north west Norfolk coastline.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events