Weather warning as strong winds set to hit Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Met Office
A weather warning is in place as severe winds are set to hit Norfolk this weekend.
The Met Office forecasts "very windy weather across much of the UK during Saturday", starting at midnight until 6pm in the evening.
There is a chance that the winds could cause traffic delays, power cuts and damage to buildings.
On its website, the Met Office states: “The location and strength of the very strongest winds remains uncertain.
"However, gusts seem likely to reach 50 to 60 mph widely, with 70 to 80 mph possible in coastal locations, particularly in parts of Scotland and north-east England.”
Its yellow weather warning covers large parts of Norfolk.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Royal estate closes winter light trail due to bad weather