IN PICTURES: River Wensum water level 'still rising' at Hellesdon
- Credit: Norwich Weather Livestreams
Residents and drivers have been warned to be vigilant in the Hellesdon area of Norwich with water levels still rising on the River Wensum.
Photos taken today (Sunday, December 27) show how high the river is after heavy rain over the Christmas period.
Some footpaths are completely covered by water, while the river water is getting closer to the Hellesdon Mill Lane.
James Christopher Long, who has run the Norwich Weather Livestreams channels on social media for five years, said he had never seen the water levels so high in the area.
He said: "I went down there [on Saturday] night at 10pm until midnight and it has gone up another four inches since then. It will take a while for all the water from upstream to get down to Hellesdon.
You may also want to watch:
"We still have possible snow showers and there will be a lot of ice on the roads over the next few days. Gritters can't get everywhere so it's important for drivers to be on their guard."
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall