'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- Credit: Oliv3r Drone Photography
After recent rain-filled days, which saw flooding in parts of Norfolk and Suffolk, forecasters have said brighter weather is on the way.
Forecasters at University of East Anglia-based Weatherquest said, while the next couple of days would feel more like March than June, sunnier weather would return as the week goes on.
Friday saw floods in coastal areas such as Gorleston and Lowestoft, amid a severe weather warning from the Met Office.
There was further rain on Saturday and overnight into Sunday morning, and meteorologist Adam Dury, from Weatherquest, said some parts of Norfolk would see more today.
He said: "Today will be pretty cloudy on and off, with some light rain. It will stay on the cool side and like a typical March day, rather than June.
"Tomorrow, at least for the south of Norfolk, it will stay cloudy, with the odd bit of rain.
You may also want to watch:
"North Norfolk will have some sunshine in the morning, but there is a chance of some showers in the afternoon.
"Temperatures won't get much above 14C today and it's likely to be much the same tomorrow.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
"Tuesday will be a bit sunnier, but there will still be chance of showers and it will still be cool - maybe no higher than 15C."
But he said, come Wednesday and Thursday, it will feel more like a typical June day, with sunshine and average temperatures of 19C to 20C.