Weather warning issued for weekend with risk of flooding and power cuts
- Credit: Angus Bennett/Smile 4 The Camera
A yellow weather warning for rain has been issued over the weekend, with more flooding predicted.
The weather warning is in place from midnight on Sunday until 6pm that evening, and covers all of Norfolk and Suffolk, as well as the majority of the UK's east coast.
The Met Office has warned the heavy rain could cause flooding in homes and on the roads, causing disruptions to buses, trains and drivers. There could also be power cuts.
They warned spray and flooding on roads may make journeys longer, including those made by public transport.
Heavy showers are likely to continue into next week.
You may also want to watch:
It comes after flood warnings were issued across the region earlier this week, with homes in parts of the area evacuated.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy