Flood warning issued for riverside areas along River Yare
- Credit: Archant
A flood warning has been issued for properties along the River Yare.
Riverside areas including Cantley, Brundall and Reedham have been warned that flooding could affect homes and businesses.
The risk of flooding remains over the next few hours and into the evening, and could also last over the next few days.
High tidal water moving up rivers from Great Yarmouth is restricting normal drainage out to sea at low tide.
The entire Broads river system could be impacted but areas most at risk include Ferry Road in Reedham, the A47 and the railway line between Reedham and Brundall.
The Environment Agency has advised people to take action to protect your property if in these areas.
It is not thought the situation will escalate but it is being monitored closely.
For more updates visit here.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 9 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed