Farmers trying to help clear ‘impassable’ A140
- Credit: Archant
Farmers are trying to help clear a major route through Norfolk which has become impassable due to snow.
The A140 between Long Stratton and the Pulham roundabout has been impassable for most of the day due to drifting snow.
Police said they are on the scene and waiting for a snow plough to come and clear the road.
In the meantime farmers and nearby businesses have stepped in to try and clear a path - but drivers are still being warned to avoid the area for fear of getting stuck.
South Norfolk policing inspector Jason Selvarajah Tweeted at around 1.45pm on Thursday: 'A140 between #LongStratton and #Pulham roundabout still impassable due to drifting snow. Police on scene awaiting arrival of snow plough to clear the road.
You may also want to watch:
'Local farmers and businesses doing their best to help.'
Norfolk and Suffolk police have asked drivers to be careful of snow drifts and ice, which have made roads treacherous.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
Drivers are being asked to not go out onto the roads unless it is absolutely necessary.
For live travel updates, visit our online traffic map.