Farmers trying to help clear ‘impassable’ A140
- Credit: Archant
Farmers are trying to help clear a major route through Norfolk which has become impassable due to snow.
The A140 between Long Stratton and the Pulham roundabout has been impassable for most of the day due to drifting snow.
Police said they are on the scene and waiting for a snow plough to come and clear the road.
In the meantime farmers and nearby businesses have stepped in to try and clear a path - but drivers are still being warned to avoid the area for fear of getting stuck.
South Norfolk policing inspector Jason Selvarajah Tweeted at around 1.45pm on Thursday: 'A140 between #LongStratton and #Pulham roundabout still impassable due to drifting snow. Police on scene awaiting arrival of snow plough to clear the road.
You may also want to watch:
'Local farmers and businesses doing their best to help.'
Norfolk and Suffolk police have asked drivers to be careful of snow drifts and ice, which have made roads treacherous.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
Drivers are being asked to not go out onto the roads unless it is absolutely necessary.
For live travel updates, visit our online traffic map.