Beast from the East still biting rail and bus passengers across Norfolk
PUBLISHED: 10:47 03 March 2018 | UPDATED: 10:48 03 March 2018
The Beast from the East is still causing havoc on public transport networks across the region.
Due to this week’s severe weather conditions and the significant adverse impact on trains, tracks, signalling and other equipment, train services today (Saturday, March 3) and tomorrow (Sunday, March 4) will be subject to delays and cancellation.
The Norwich to London service will run a revised hourly service from Norwich to Ingatestone with customers able to continue their journey via a Rail Replacement Bus from Ingatestone to Newbury Park.
But the following rural lines will remain closed this weekend:
• Norwich to Sheringham
• Norwich to Great Yarmouth
• Norwich to Lowestoft
• Ipswich to Lowestoft
Meanwhile buses are also still continuing to be affected by the weather.
Only the Norwich Airport Park and Ride site is open - all others are unusable - with services operating every 15 minutes from 8am until 6pm.
First Buses have warned that due to severe weather currently being experienced, the services may be subject to delay, change or cancellation.
Some of the services affected today include:
• 30/30A: Unfortunately, this service is currently not running.
• 28/29: Main Road Only. Will not be serving Thorpe Mariott Estate / Taverham Estate. Will be using Fakenham Road in both directions and turning around at NDR roundabout
• 26: Main Road Only. Will not be serving Northfields Estate and we will be using Earlham Road and The Avenues in both directions.
• 25: Main Road only. Will not be serving South Park avenue – Chancellors Drive. Using Unthank Road, Ring Road, Avenues in both Directions and will be entering the UEA via Earlham Park Gates.
• 24: Main Road only. Not serving Queens Hills estate, terminating at first roundabout, not serving Thorpe St Andrew, Booty Rd, Laundry Ln, Gordon Ave. Using Dereham Road and St Williams Way in both directions. Terminate at first Dussinadale Roundabout.
• 23: Main Road only. Will not be serving Lodge farm estate, Old Costessey Norwich Road, Richmond Road estate , Heartsease Estate. Using Dereham Road in both directions , Salhouse Eoad , Woodside Road and Plumstead Road East instead.
• 21/22: Main Road only. Will not serve West Earlham Shops, Wilberforce rd , Bowthorpe Shops, Rawley Rd, Humble Yard, Bishy Barnebee Wy, Doderman Wy, Fiddlewood Estate. Using Earlham Green Ln, Larkman Ln, Dereham Rd and Chapel Break Rd. Both directions.
• 15A: This service will not be serving Lingwood and will be terminating in Brundall, Using Blofield and Mcdonalds Roundabout to turn around. This service will also be using A11 Wymondham end in both directions.
• 14/15 : Serving main roads only and will not be serving Hethersett , Wymondham estate , Sainsburys Thorpe. We will be terminating in Wymondham at Wymondham Cross and will be using the A11 in both directions.
• 13: Will be main road only. Will not serve Attleborough Estates ,Besthorpe , Old Catton Morrisons , Park Road, Athurton Road and now terminating at Old Catton as we are unable to serve Spixworth.
• 11/12: Will be serving main road only and will not serve Linacre Estate , Wroxham , Round house park , Eaton Village and will be terminating at Blue Boar Tesco in Sprowston.
• 38: Will now resume normal route to Long Stratton however, will not be serving St Leger Estate and will terminate at Manor Road.
• 37: will resume normal route along B1113 but will not be serving Mulbarton Estate and will terminate at Cuckofield Roundabout.
• 40/41/X41 will be serving as far as Porringland and turning around due to the weather conditions.
Konect Bus services could also be affected by the weather, with the operator warning it would run the usual Saturday timetable but may be subject to delays.
Route 3 will operate between Watton and Norwich using the B1108. Shipdham, Ashill and Barnham Broom village will not be served.
Route 4 will operate the full route as normal between Swanton Morley and Norwich. Update 0830: Yaxha, Mattishall, East Tuddenham and Honingham are not being served.
Route 5 will operate between Queen’s Hills and Broadland Business Park. Postwick Park & Ride will not be served.
Route 5A will operate between Blofield (Stocks Lane near the Kings Head) and Eaton Cellar House/slip road. Blofield Kings Head-Blofield Heath will not be served. Eaton village will be served after 1200.
Route 5B will operate between Wroxham and Norwich only. Horning/Hoveton will not be served, nor will Salhouse Lower Street and Thieves Lane.
Route 5C will operate between Dussindale and Norwich only. Pilson Green to Dussindale will not be served.
Route 6 will operate between Wymondham Cross and Norwich only via the B1172 as normal. Watton-Wymondham Cross will not be served.
Route X6 will operate between Attleborough Queens Square and Norwich Rail Station.
Route 8 will operate the full route as normal between Toftwood and Norwich Riverside.
Route 11 will operate between Watton and Dereham only. Watton-Swaffham will not be served.
Route 21 is suspended.
Route 37A is to be confirmed Saturday morning.
Route 50/50A is suspended.
Route 83 is suspended.
Route 84 is suspended.
Route 85 is suspended
Route 87 - To be confirmed asap Saturday morning but unlikely to operate.
Route 88/X88 - To be confirmed asap Saturday but unlikely to operate. Halesworth to Southwold section is suspended.
Norwich Airport however is open despite the weather and although there were a couple of delays this morning, flights are arriving and departing.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.