Weapons and drugs seized as Taser drawn to arrest four over drug offences
- Credit: PC Dan Taylor
Weapons and drugs have been seized as officers arrested four people on suspicion of drug offences overnight.
The suspects are this morning in custody after Taser trained officers had to draw their weapon to make the arrests. They have seized a number of weapons including a meat cleaver from the suspects.
Beat manager for Norwich West PC Dan Taylor tweeted the threat of the Taser had 'achieved compliance' as a quantity of drugs were found in the car the suspects were riding in.
Operation Gravity has been running since December last year as Norfolk Police declared a critical incident over the sharp rise in drug-related serious violence, including stabbings, across the county.
County line drug networks coming into the region from London are being stamped down on.
You may also want to watch:
During the campaign around £38,000 worth of Class A drugs, £42,000 in cash and more than 23 knives have been seized.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople