WE WANT YOU: To share your memories of Cley Marshes
The Norfolk Wildlife Trust (NWT) yesterday launched its biggest ever appeal to help raise �1m to buy a stretch of north Norfolk's wild coastline.
The Cley Marshes Land Purchase Appeal aims to raise funds to secure conservation for the last stretch of eight km (about five miles) of coastal nature reserves from Blakeney Point to Salthouse Marshes.
Alongside that appeal the NWT is asking people to share their memories of Cley Marshes and find out why Cley is special to you.
Did you go there as a child and see your first little tern? Have you brought your own children there to explore?
Brendan Joyce, chief executive of the NWT, said: 'Whatever your special memories of Cley, and however you share them with us, help us to honour our founder's vision and hugely expand the nation's best-loved nature reserve by making and gift-aiding a donation.'
You can share your memories by commenting below or uploading your photos and videos to www.iwitness24.co.uk.
You can also share them with the NWT by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, sending a message on facebook, or via twitter using the hashtag #mycley.
- 1 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 4 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 5 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 6 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 7 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 8 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 9 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 10 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
? To donate please visit www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/appeal or call 01603 625540.