‘We all know from the Paralympics that disability is no impediment to success’ - disability sports day in Cromer
- Credit: EDPpics 2003 (01603) 772434
A range of different sports will be on offer to disabled athletes at a free event in Cromer.
North Norfolk District Council's Sports Clubs and Hubs Project is holding the disability sports day for adults on Wednesday, June 14, at Cromer Lawn Tennis Club.
Maggie Prior, North Norfolk District Council's Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing, said: 'Last year's event was met with great enthusiasm, so we hope to repeat that success and encourage more people with disabilities to get active and participate in sports.
'We all know from the Paralympics that disability is no impediment to success. Sport is good for both mind and body.'
Activities available on the day will include boccia, tennis and short tennis, racquet ball, table tennis and New Age Kurling.
You may also want to watch:
It will run from 10am until 12pm and is open to over-18s with a disability. to take part, call 01263 516305 or email email@example.com
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season