Waveney rubbish collections are going ahead - but maybe late
Waveney District Council has said it is not expecting any major disruption to refuse collection services due to the weather today - but bin lorries may be late.
A council spokesman said: 'The crews are currently running late but anticipate completing the rounds.
'We currently have the cleansing teams gritting all the areas which could cause some concern and are currently encountering bins with the waste frozen into them, especially the green bins.
'This means, unfortunately, that some waste may be left in the bottom of the bin. These will be emptied again at their next scheduled date.
'There is not much change in the weather forecast for later today, but there remains the potential for service disruption. We are monitoring the situation and will provide updates should issues arise.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers