Step out with Waveney Ramblers during the Festival of Winter Walks
- Credit: EDP, Archant
People across Waveney are being encouraged to make the most of the festive season – by stepping out for some free seasonal strolls.
The Waveney and District Group of Ramblers have organised six special events as part of the Festival of Winter Walks.
So if you have perhaps over indulged during Christmas, this could be your chance to kick-start those New Year fitness resolutions by stepping out with the Ramblers as part of their free annual festival, which runs from December 24 to January 7.
On Sunday, December 24 a 5.5-mile coastal walk to Benacre will be held. Meet at 10.30am at Kessingland Beach car park for this coastal walk on Christmas Eve. Call 01502 580868 or 07594 499 854 for further details.
Next Tuesday, December 26 a five-mile walk will be held in the Gunton and Corton area.
You may also want to watch:
Meet at Sparrows Nest car park at 10.30am on Boxing Day for this walk to Gunton/Corton woods, then back along the North Denes.
For further details call 07550 078 569.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
On Wednesday, December 27 a five-mile walk will be held in the Blundeston area. Meet at 10.30am at the Blundeston Plough PH. Call 07743 092 850 for further details.
On New Year's Eve, Sunday, December 31, a 10-mile walk will be held in the Lowestoft area. Meet at 10.30am at the Halfords store on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft for this walk, with a picnic lunch required. Call 01502 562032 for details.
On Wednesday, January 3, a five-mile walk will be held in the Reydon and Southwold area. Meet at 10.30am at Reydon Church car park. Call 01502 723988 for details.
And on Sunday, January 7 a 10-mile walk will be held in the Homersfield area. Meet at 10am at the lay-by off the B1062 for this walk, with a picnic lunch required. Call 01502 475188 for details.
Waveney Ramblers chairman, Diana Covey, said: 'Winter is a wonderful to get outdoors and enjoy your surroundings in the fresh air and the Festival of Winter Walks offers an easy way to head out for a winter wander with friends and family.'
For further information visit www.waveneyramblers.org.uk