Waveney MP Peter Aldous announces winners of Christmas card competition
THE winner and runners up of a Waveney MP's Christmas card competition have been announced.
Peter Aldous opened up the competition to all primary school children in the Waveney constituency and the winner was Ruby-Jane Potter, nine, from Bungay Primary School.
Runners up were Olivia Saunders, 10, and Dana Beales, 10, also from Bungay Primary School, and Amelia Dixon, seven, from Woods Loke Primary School in Lowestoft.
Mr Aldous, said: 'I was surprised by the number and excellent quality of the entries to the competition. I would like to thank all the pupils and their teachers for the hard work in designing and submitting their entries. The choice of winner in the end was a very difficult one.'
Mr Aldous will be visiting Bungay Primary on December 12 and Woods Loke on December 16 to meet the children and congratulate them.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aldous will use Ruby-Jane's winning entry as his personal Christmas card and will also have her name printed on the rear of it. She will also be offered a visit of the Houses of Parliament with a teacher or parent.
The runners up will receive House of Commons teddy bears.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
• Click the photo gallery in the top right hand corner of the webpage to view all the final entries.