Waveney Football Club presents coach Steve Woolston with John High Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Waveney Football Club has presented one of its coaches with a trophy in honour of their 'outstanding' commitment to the club.
Steve Woolston, who has been awarded the John High Trophy, has been described as a fundamental part of the Saturday football club.
A club spokesman said Mr Woolston caught the 'coaching bug' 15 years ago whilst a member of the Lowestoft Town youth squad.
'He has been coaching ever since and has accumulated over 500 weeks as coach to the club's 'Little Lions' club,' the spokesman said.
The trophy was presented by Gary High, who was representing the High family, who have been valued supporters and sponsors of the club for many years.
You may also want to watch:
It was given to Mr Woolston at the Saturday football club in front of the children, parents and coaches who came together to show their appreciation.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 9 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 10 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch