Waveney Disability Forum to hold annual meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Residents with physical, sensory or learning difficulties or mental health problems are invited to attend the Waveney Disability Forum's AGM.
The meeting is being held on Thursday, June 1, at Riverside in Lowestoft and is open to anyone with a disability living in Waveney, along with their parents and carers.
Representatives of disability organisations providing a service within the local area are also welcome.
The Waveney Disability Forum creates an opportunity for people with disabilities and disability organisations in Waveney to come together to consult directly with the council on the services and facilities which affect them.
Stephen Ardley, Waveney's deputy leader and cabinet member for merger and communities said: 'The Waveney Disability Forum, with support from the council's Active Communities Team, continues to be the collective voice for local people with disabilities. The forum addresses all issues of disability and works to achieve positive outcomes for the community.'
You may also want to watch:
Current topics being discussed by the disability forum include; blue badge parking enforcement, motorised scooter usage, access to Lowestoft beach, health and social care services, waste recycling and access to town centre locations.
Guest speakers will be present to assist with the discussions and respond directly to concerns raised.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
The meeting starts at 2pm. To book your place or for more information about joining the forum, contact Waveney's Active Communities Team on 01502 523354 or email email@example.com.
Blue badge holders are able to park at the Riverside car park.