Watton town councillor steps down
- Credit: Archant Ltd.
A town councillor has resigned less than a year after his election.
Kevin Abbott announced his intention to step down from Watton Town Council in a letter to fellow council members on Tuesday.
In the letter Mr Abbott said: 'I have decided that due to personal and family commitments, I cannot give as much time to my duties as this position calls for.
'May I take this opportunity to thank all my fellow councillors and officials for their help and guidance in the past and wish them all the best for the future.'
A fellow Watton town councillor said he believed Mr Abbott may have become 'disillusioned' since joining the town council at the last election in May 2015.
'His resignation was disappointing, because he had contributed well since he had been there,' he said.
To fill the vacant position, the town council will co-opt a new member unless a by-election is called for.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 9 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk