Watton home to one of UK’s best run building sites
- Credit: Archant
One of Britain's best run building sites is in Watton after it was recognised in a national competition.
Tommy Luxton, who manages the Knights Park development in the town, received a Pride in the Job Seal of Excellence award from the National House Building Council.
The awards are presented to the top 130 site managers in the country, selected from the 430 Pride in the Job Quality award winners who were chosen in the summer.
Mr Luxton said: 'Winning this award has made me incredibly proud, especially winning this on my first attempt.
'As soon as I started my training to become an assistant site manager I knew I wanted to win a Pride in the Job award and this is an unbelievable feeling.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to thank the construction director, John Farley and my contracts manager, Dave Martin for the opportunity as well as my partner Michelle Beverley.
'I also have to thank everyone who works at Knights Park for their hard work.'
- 1 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 2 'Feel the magic of Christmas and forget COVID' - hotel opens winter wonderland
- 3 Plans to turn village's last pub into house rejected
- 4 New facilities open up Norwich river for paddle boards and canoes
- 5 Magpies chair praises "Norfolk community spirit" amid continuing hardship
- 6 Five things you need to lead the way in 2020
- 7 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save
- 8 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 9 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 10 Brexit Blog: Brexit means changes to the rules on VAT – and that means more admin and confusion