Festive cheer returns to Watton streets at Christmas event
- Credit: Sue Dent
Crowds flocked to the streets of Watton once again for music, fun fair rides, food and entertainment as its Christmas market returned.
The town also saw the return of its fun run as part of its annual festive event, which took place on Sunday, November 28 this year.
Visitors were treated to around 40 stalls packed with local arts, crafts and gifts, music from the Watton Silver Band and carollers, the Phoenix Pipes and Drums, and to entertainment from street entertainer Razz.
Mayor Jane Fountain said: “I am so pleased that we have been able to hold the festive market again this year.
"It’s such a marvellous opportunity for the whole community to get out and enjoy the day.
"It showcases everything that is so great about our town.”
Sue Dent, events and projects support officer at Watton Town Council, said putting on the festive market is "a real team effort" and thanked the individuals and businesses in the town who support the event on behalf of the council.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk